CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, July 5, 2008

4th of July

What a nice day our family had. We started the day off, going to my parents house and hung out by the pool with my sisters! My mom worked really hard to make a perfect festive meal, and as usual it was! (Sorry I didn't have my camera with me the time, or I would have posted pictures) She amazes me how she puts so much effort into making everyday a memorable one for her children/grandchildren. Hopefully one day I will have that impact on those around me! Thanks mom for setting such a great example to me on what I strive to become!



After spending time by the pool, we went to the Galaxy Game with our Best Friends, Frankie and Heather! It was really cool... the kids got to go down to the Field and hi-five the players as they ran in the stadium! They loved it!! After the game, there was a firework show. The kids really enjoyed it, except Roxie who fell asleep during the game. She amazes me how she can fall asleep anytime, anywhere! She woke up this morning upset with me that I didn't wake her up for the firework show! (as you can see from the pictures, I don't think anything or anyone could have woken her up!)










On the way home from the game, David found a firework stand still open. He bought some fireworks to set off on our street, and promised the kids he would wake them up when we got home! As it turns out they were so pooped from the busy day we had together that they were just as tired as Roxie. Instead of David waiting for another day, he brought out the fireworks, and the otter pops and set them off himself! (Anyone who knows David, knows that two of his most favorite things in life is Otter Pops and playing with fire!) Soon after he started setting them off Frankie showed up with his kids who were just as tired as mine... all they wanted to do was go in my house and lay on the floor with our kids. Once I brought out the Otter Pops they got a quick sugar rush and held sparklers just log enough for their daddy to get a picture! (Frankie e-mail me the pictures you took and I will post them!)

0 comments: