CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Friday, June 20, 2008

Mud Run or Mud Wrestling?






David participated in his first Mud Run at Camp Penalton this month! His friend Frankie, who runs almost everyday, talked him into participating. His brother Daniel also participated with them. The guys left really early in the morning, so my friend Heather and I decided to load up all 6 kids (my three, and her three) and follow behind later, after the kids woke up! Its bad enough to be in the car with 6 kids, but even worse to have 6 tired kids crying! As it turned out, we just cranked up the music, and the kids were really good! What an adventure! Come to find out when we arrived, we had missed the shuttle bus so we had to walk about a mile and a half with all 6 kids to the finish line! (maybe we should have just gone with the guys) I was pretty scared that he wouldn't make it through it or that he would be carried away in an ambulance, but we were so proud of him that he finished and actually kept up with his team! The fun didn't end until they all wrestled in the mud! I knew that Daniel would take him down since every time the family gets together we always break up the wrestling matches, so I had my camera ready!

5 comments:

Margaret Graham said...

You guys are funny!!!!!!!
Poor Roxie, she had tried telling a couple weeks ago about her dad in the Mud Run and I thought she was trying to tell me that her dad was training for a marathon!;-)
But she insisted that was a mud run and not Marathon, I meant to you Meghan and I always forgot!! Now I confirmed that the poor kid was telling me the right word, this crazy Brazilian making the poor kid confused!;-)
Great birthday party, THANKS for inviting us!!!!!

Margaret Graham said...

...I meant to ask you Meghan... (I ate the word ask in my paragraph).

lauren said...

FINALLY!!! Your blog is awesome and I am impressed the boys did the mud run.

Adrienne said...

That's a great adventure. You guys should check out the 5k at Disneyland in August, it might be a fun family activity.

Rebecca said...

Hooray! I found you -off someone's blog?? Now we can keep in touch the best way I know how. Though we still have to get together someday! I love this run - you need to do it, not just David. I've done it 3 times and Todd did it once with me. It's great!